Edgar Wright – How to do Visual Comedy… nailed it!!!
Dear God… please please please tell me you’ve seen these by now. Hahahahaha, so damn funny!!! Here’s a new one from today:
Man Of Steel 2/Superman vs. Batman/Justice League 1/D.C.’s Saving Grace; gets its official title and logo. Thoughts?
|Directed by||Zack Snyder|
|Produced by||Charles Roven
|Screenplay by||Chris Terrio|
|Story by||David S. Goyer
by DC Comics
|Music by||Hans Zimmer|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
Ok… here’s one from “back in the day” that we ran across today and still makes us laugh. So what the hell, we’re sharing it with you to hopefully bring a little levity to your Monday blahs. Enjoy!
WGUB Master Mixologists – Post Turkey Day
The Turkey has digested and the stain from your cousins cranberry surprise is officially removed. Dad’s passed out… Mom is talking to Aunt Jane about something mind-numbing… cousin Amy is looking hoooooot… and you badly need a drink. Well, you now have one more thing to be thankful for today. Us!!!
Grab a few glasses, Raid the liquor cabinet n’ fridge and let’s get our damn drink on people!!!
White Glossy Underground Board Mixes
- WhiteGlossy Mix: Sailor Jerry + Captain Morgan + Admiral Nelson + Sprite + Skittles = SeaSide Gay Pride GangBang
- Eggshell Mix: A shot of Bandero tequila = Snooki spit
- Paystee Mix: 2 parts Cognac, 1 part menthol, All King Cobra = Kill Whitey
- WhiteGlossy Mix: Kraken Rum & Ice = the Michael Clarke Duncan Donkey Punch
- Eggshell Mix: Bowen’s and diet = the uh-oh I crapped my pants
- Pasytee Mix: Vodka, Lo-Cal Monster Energy drink, crushed ice swirled with syringe = Jersey Shore
- Eggshell Mix: Hawaiian punch and vodka = the drunk howlee
- Pasytee Mix: Moonshine, Mountain Dew & F+CK YOU!!! = South Will Rise Again
- Eggshell Mix: raspberry vodka, ice tea, and lemonade = Fisting Arnold Palmer
- Paystee Mix: SoCo + Dr Pepper = spirit of the south or cousin kisser
- WhiteGlossy Mix: Dark Rum, brown sugar, raisins and SoCo = the Morgan Freeman
- Paystee Mix: Hennessy and Milk = 2012 election
- WhiteGlossy Mix: Coca-Cola + Vodka + Grenadine + a dash of sweet n’ sour = a WhiteGlossy Red
- Eggshell/Paystee Combo-Mix: Four Loko = Someone is seeing my ass today…getting hit with a pool stick…..and being awesome
- Paystee Mix: Cranberry juice, Jäger, half eaten celery stick, 2 ice cubes = 12 Hour Diarrhea
Ragtime Gals: Talk Dirty (w/ Kevin Spacey)
Published on May 2, 2014
Jimmy, Kevin Spacey and their barbershop quartet, The Ragtime Gals, sing Jason Derulo’s hit song “Talk Dirty.” Learn more about Kevin’s documentary, Now: in the Wings on a World Stage, at http://www.nowthefilm.com.
Subscribe NOW to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: http://bit.ly/1nwT1aN
Get more The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon:
Follow The Tonight Show: http://Twitter.com/FallonTonight
Like The Tonight Show: https://Facebook.com/FallonTonight
The Tonight Show Tumblr: http://fallontonight.tumblr.com/
Get more NBC:
NBC YouTube: http://bit.ly/1dM1qBH
Like NBC: http://Facebook.com/NBC
Follow NBC: http://Twitter.com/NBC
NBC Tumblr: http://nbctv.tumblr.com/
NBC Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NBC/posts
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon features hilarious highlights from the show including: comedy sketches, music parodies, celebrity interviews, ridiculous games, and, of course, Jimmy’s Thank You Notes and hashtags! You’ll also find behind the scenes videos and other great web exclusives.
Ragtime Gals: Talk Dirty (w/ Kevin Spacey)
May 4th is Star Wars Day, and Rdio has put together a playlist to make you feel like a Jedi. Yes… we are tremendous nerds for posting this, but that’s ok. It kind of fits us sometimes. May the 4th be with you.
- Main Title from Star Wars – John Williams – John Williams – Greatest Hits 1969-1999
- The Imperial March (Darth Vader’s Theme) – John Williams – The Music Of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
- Princess Leia’s Theme – John Williams – The Music Of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
- Yoda’s Theme – John Williams – The Music Of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
- Binary Sunset (Alternate) (Medley) – London Symphony Orchestra;John Williams – Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Han Solo and the Princess – John Williams – Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- The Asteroid Field – John Williams – Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- The Throne Room/End Title (Medley) – John Williams – The Music Of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
- Duel Of The Fates from Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace – John Williams;London Voices – Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- The Emperor Arrives/The Death of Yoda/Obi-Wan’s Revelation (Medley) – John Williams – Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Anakin’s Betrayal (Episode III – Revenge of the Sith) – Global Stage Orchestra – Star Wars – The Story Continues
- Cantina Band – John Williams – The Music Of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
- The Forest Battle (Concert Suite) – John Williams – Star Wars Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Victory Celebration/End Title (Medley) – John Williams – The Music Of Star Wars: 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
Happy Friday!!! While dumpster diving behind Tim Cook’s house recently, we came across some top-secret specs of the… are you ready for it???? The iPhone 6… way before it even hits the shelves. Here is a quick wrap-up of what we found and even some scans of top-secret doodles. Apparently Cook is a really shitty artist.
Will we get sued and put out of business for leaking this info? Probably… but screw it!!! We are journalists dedicated to the truth, and our people (that’s you).
The scans that we found, featuring some pretty incredible tech, for the iPhone 6 are bellow (click on images for a larger view)… and yes, the details for each picture are listed down there as well. You can bet your sweet ass cheeks that we will be camping out like some über Star Wars nerds to pick up this one at midnight..
- It will only obey short, one word commands much like a dog. It will also sulk when you yell at it for dropping a call.
- Yes, it will provide you with an Asian massage. A complete Asian Massage.
- Hidden in the code is a picture of Steve Job’s tumor.
- It’s new 20 megapixel camera has x-ray, heat vision, and night vision. As well as target lock function.
- It is water, dirt, chemical and outer space proof.
- Instead of Bluetooth technology, you will be able to communicate with it telepathically. Yes, you can think about porn and it will show up on your iPhone.
- For men it offers a built-in shaver, for woman a home Microdermabrasion kit. However the shaver can only be used on pubes, and the Microdermabrasion on backne.
- Hold approximately 1.5 oz. (a single shot) of any liquid
- Doubles as a one-time-use taser for debilitating a mugger/robber/drunkwhoresatthebar
- Has a 3D screen, for porn.
In cased you missed two of the hottest acts of 2013 getting together at the Grammys, here it is. Of all the performances from the show, this one stood out to us as the best of the night.
While we aren’t huge advocates of “top 10″ lists or “year-end reviews”, as we’re putting together our plan for 2014 it’s fun to look back and see what made the grade over the past 12 months. The interesting thing we discovered is that amongst all of our random acts of tomfoolery and occasional silliness, the posts you kept finding your way to the most are our reviews.
We’ve ALWAYS made it a mission of ours to truly “field-test” each and every item we write about… and apparently that rang true with you the most. Are we surprised… not really. What we are, is extremely happy!!! Going forward into 2014 look for some exciting changes to both the site and our overall style. We will deliver even more of the stuff you really want, with our own special twist.
And just for fun… here are the top 10 posts of the entire year in case you’re curious:
Happy New Year!!!
Every now and again we get to meet some truly exceptional people and recently we got to add to that list by speaking with the owner of Falcon Spirits. Farid Dormishian is the brain trust behind Falcon Spirits and dare I say one of the finest libations we have ever had the chance of putting in a glass and tasting. His Botanica Spirit VS. Gin is his true pride and joy. Not only does the love of the process come through in the final product, but the clear passion for the gin is clear when speaking to Farid.
There are few times in your life that you can take a walk in the mind of a genius, but I felt that way after speaking to Farid about his gin. A biochemistry major and U.C. Berkeley (hence the genius comment) his love of distillation begin over 20 years ago as an undergraduate project. No doubt it was fueled by his love of mixology while working as a bartender to pay for his tuition. Once Farid became serious about distillation as more than a hobby he progressed from beer to wine to gin.
Now onto the gin and its clear greatness. The Richmond, CA based Falcon Spirit’s uses only the finest vodka made from non GMO corn as the base for the gin. From there, the gin goes through a triple distillation where 12 herbs and botanicals are infused into the product before resting for 2-3 weeks before bottling. Only the freshest, local ingredients are used throughout the process by sourcing locally grown oranges, Meyer lemons and grapefruit. And just how loved is this gin before it gets to the bottle? The largest batch ever made was only 200 bottles. This stems from high production standards which removes the head and the tail from the gin prior to bottling. A process that the distillation master himself admits makes the process more enjoyable due to the constant gin tasting it involves.
I heap a lot of praise on the owner of Falcon Spirits because there is a lot due. Over the course of an hour conversation, I learned more about distillation then I could have ever hopped to learn from casual reading. His gin is really a thing of beauty and is so well thought out and fine tuned that even the most stringent of drinkers will try hard to find fault in it. After all this time you might be wondering how to enjoy this gin? I personally tried it the first time in a wine glass and let it swirl around for a few minutes. This allowed the aromas to truly come out. The initial taste on the gin was clean, with a slight black licorice taste. The finish of the drink was smooth and had hints of the grapefruit, orange and cucumber.
Next up we tried the classic gin martini and with the gin slightly chilled, it really added to the depth of the spirit. On the recommendation from Farid, we tried a 50/50 combination of the gin with a Muscat wine. The sweetness of the wine really played well with the spiciness that the gin has with the licorice flavor. A truly good drink. While there are countless gin recipes that we could have tried (and did) probably my personal favorite was another suggestion by the maker. Simply pouring over ice and sipping on the gin as the ice melted. Not a bad way to kill an afternoon by nursing this ultra tasty drink.
What’s next on the horizon for Falcon Spirits? Plans are in the works for a Limoncello and Orangecello using the same locally sourced lemons and oranges. No doubt these two will be designed to be paired with the gin at some point. Falcon Spirits is also dabbling in rum, which would only make us love them more. While this gin is not going to be the easiest for the everyday person to find, it is well worth searching out. Here is just a small sampling of where you can currently find the Botanica Spirit VS.Gin. Most notably it is the gin of choice for the Lake Tahoe Ritz Carlton and stars in the resorts signature gin martini.
Disclaimer..I am not a trainer…I’m a person that struggles day-to-day with eating and working out just like about all of the people out there. That being said, I’m going to talk about something that I have been doing and that has been rocking my world…
That’s right. As we move into 2014 and you are looking to shed some poundage, I want to introduce you to your new best friend. The Kettlebell.
That’s right ladies and gents. Drop the dumbbells, turn off the treadmill, cancel that 5k. These little puppies are your ticket to fitness in 2014. I can think of no piece of workout equipment that gives a better all around workout then our friend the Kettlebell. Sure, it is just a big ball of iron with a handle on it, a thick handle at that, but it really is so much more.
While popular throughout history (learn here) and even more popular as a fitness tool in Russia, the Kettlebell didn’t make its way to the USofA until the late 90’s. It has slowly been growing in popularity amongst the inner circle of trainers and now it should be a part of your workout on a daily basis. I know you are now so pumped up by this idea of full body exercise, and a simple search of the net can give you some good exercises. But here is a quick rundown of some of my favorite.
Two Handed Kettlebell Swing: Targets Shoulders, Back, Hips, Glutes, and Legs. This beginning level exercise is all about the full body. Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart. Hold the kettlebell with both hands between your legs. With bent knees, lower the bell by driving your hips back while not squatting. In one explosive motion, drive your hips forward while allowing the kettlebell to swing up to about chest hight. Keep your glutes and core tight. 12-15 reps.
Kettle Bell High Pulls: Targets Shoulders, Arms, Glutes, and Legs. This intermediate exercise requires placing the bell between your feet. With your legs shoulder width apart, squat down and grab the bell with one hand. Using your hips, push through your heels to stand straight while pulling the bell up to chest hight. Rinse and repeat 10-12 times per arm.
Kettlebell Deadlift: Targets: Legs, glutes, Arms, back, and abs. The days of deadlifitng with a barbell are over. Squat and grab the bell between your feet while keeping your back flat. While engaging your core and tightening your glutes raise the bell up until you are standing tall. 12-15 reps with proper form. Protect your back by using your abs.
One Armed Kettlebell Snatch: Targets Shoulders, Chest, and Back. This advanced move starts with the bell between your feet with knees bent. By exploding onto your toes you pull the bell up to chest level with the elbow tucked in. From there, it is a simple press up above your head and then return to the ground. Try for 8-10 reps on each side.
Mind you this is just a small sampling of the stuff you can do with Kettlebells. They are that versatile and really do hit multiple areas on your body. If you are one of those people that don’t think you have time for a long workout, think again. With Kettlebells you don’t need more than a half hour. Doing even these four basic exercises will get your heart pumping, your muscles growing and your fat dropping. Just remember to hit the protein powder after you are done.
A few tips for the beginner. Start with a Kettlebell that you can do the reps with. Don’t start a weight that is too heavy because you will not be able to keep good form or finish the sets. The Kettlebell will tire out your hands quicker then other weights because the handle is thicker then the traditional dumbbell (an added benefit) so your will notice over time that your grip is stronger. Another note on grip, squeeze that handle as hard as you can. It adds to the form and function of the exercise.
If you are looking to buy some for yourself you can always go function from Amazon or expensive and designer. If you are looking for a set for home, I recommend probably starting at 20 pounds for guys and going up in ten pound increments from there. Women probably could start at ten and move up by fives. It really depends on your fitness base.